I, like many others my age, love Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I had no idea how right Ferris was when he said the now famous line “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.”
In the span of less than 18 months, I got married, moved to a new house and had a baby boy who is now six months old. Seriously, I didn’t stop to look around for awhile, and I really did miss a ton!
Following some pretty momentous occasions, I decided I need to manage my own life a bit better; I need to be more proactive instead of always reacting as life happens to me.
I’m on target with one of my goals for 2015: to read at least 12 books. I’ve read four. Another goal is to write more, hence the start of this blog.
With the insane pace of news, digital media, social media, etc., I find that I’m losing my ability to communicate well with both the verbal and written word. (Or, I could blame it at least partially on “mom brain.”) So, it is here that I will share words about my life as a working mom. It’s likely I’ll write about
- Books I read (I like fiction of all kinds, classics, poetry, etc.),
- Media I like (such as my favorite TV shows, The Walking Dead and Justified, even though Justified has only three episodes left),
- Communications/Marketing/PR, a field in which I’ve made a living for more than 10 years,
- Sports, but mostly football (I was raised in the South, after all),
- Relationships, because I think in another life I might have been a couples therapist,
- And anything else I think people might find interesting.
I take constructive feedback well, so please feel free to comment as long as it’s done respectfully!